I wish to embark on a project to convert a pocket door armoire into an entertainment center that can survive the elements.
– unit will house a tv, cable box, and soundbar year round
– bottom drawers or doors will be used for deck or grill storage (charcoal, utensils, etc)
– unit will be decorated in a way that will allow me to weatherproof so not much moisture penetrates
– unit will be outside unprotected from sun, temperature, and moisture.
– unit is made out of wood
– unit is not yet purchased. I am eying several on craigs
Million dollar question
How can I weatherproof this unit and decorate it at the same time to flow with the brown deck and cream house siding?
– use vinyl siding
– find plastic sheeting that ia decorative
– consider metal sheeting
That is about as far as I have made it in my project.
Please feel free to express your ideas and opinions!